On behalf of the Spring XD team, I am very pleased to announce the first milestone release of Spring XD 1.2 and the 1.1.2 maintenance release.
The full list of issues fixed for 1.1.2 is available in JIRA. Of note the 1.1.2 release provides PHD 3.0 support.
The 1.2 M1 release includes bug fixes as well and several new features and enhancements:
- PHD 3.0 support
- MongoDB Source, a community contribution from Abhinav Gandhi
- Module registry backed by HDFS
- Greenplum gpload as provided batch job. This allows for efficient loading from CSV files into Greenplum DB/HAWQ.
- gpfdist sink that adheres to the gpfdist protocol. This allows for streaming data in parallel into Greenplum DB/HAWQ.
- Zookeeper distributed queue based deployment for streams and jobs.
- Improved error handling for RabbitMQ with Dead Letter Queue and durable queue support for pub/sub named channels (tap: and topic:)
- Sqoop integration improvements, support for merge and codegen commands as well as running against a secured Hadoop cluster.
- Kafka message bus improvements, customized partition count for topics created by the message bus. (module.[modulename].producer.minParitionCount)
- Improved performance characteristics for TupleBuilder and the JDBC to HDFS job
- Spark Streaming integration improvements, reliable receiver support and bug fixes.
The full list of issues fixed for 1.2 M1 is available in JIRA.
Of note for the next release of Spring XD 1.2 RC1 we will be including support for
- Kafka message bus improvements
- Cassandra sink
- Elastic search sink
- Improved HA support for RabbitMQ
- Incremental data import for JDBC to HDFS job
The Beta version of Spring Flo for XD - an HTML5 based canvas for creating data pipelines, analytics dashboards, and monitoring - will be released along with XD 1.2 GA. For a sneak peak at the work in progress, watch this screencast:
Book your place at SpringOne2GX in Washington, DC soon. Super Early Bird Price expires June 12th! It’s simply the best opportunity to find out first hand all that’s going on and to provide direct feedback. Expect a number of significant new announcements this year. Check recent blog posts to see what I mean and there is more to come!
- The Super Early Bird price tier ($300 discount) expires June 12th. The Early Bird price tier (June 13th - August 14th) is discounted $150.
- Register 4 and get the 5th pass free. Contact us with the names of your first 4 registrants for your complimentary pass code (conference admission only).
- Alumni, contact us for your discount code ($150 off any option).