We are pleased to announce the Spring for Apache Hadoop 2.3 M3 milestone release.
The most important enhancements in this release:
- Update build to use Spring Framework 4.2.1, Boot 1.3.0.M5, Batch 3.0.5 [SHDP-509]
- Move annotation config to separate sub-project to reduce dependencies for spring-data-hadoop-boot [SHDP-525]
- Add additional properties to Spark Tasklet [SHDP-397]
- Upgrade build to use to Spark 1.5.0 [SHDP-521]
See the release changelog for details.
We continue to provide version specific artifacts with their respective transitive dependencies in the Spring IO milestone repository:
- 2.3.0.M3 (default - Apache Hadoop stable 2.7.1)
- 2.3.0.M3-hadoop26 (Apache Hadoop 2.6.0)
- 2.3.0.M3-phd30 (Pivotal HD 3.0)
- 2.3.0.M3-phd21 (Pivotal HD 2.1)
- 2.3.0.M3-cdh5 (Cloudera CDH 5.4)
- 2.3.0.M3-hdp23 (Hortonworks HDP 2.3)
Please provide feedback so we can prioritize the work on new features scheduled for 2.3 (see previous blog post for a list) and any additional feature requests. You can use JIRA issues or GitHub issues (see project page for links).
The project page is at - http://projects.spring.io/spring-hadoop/