Today we are pleased to announce the general availability of Spring XD 1.3 and Flo for Spring XD 1.0.
In addition to bug fixes we have also added several new features in the 1.3 release line
- Job Composition DSL allows for the creation of a complex graph of job executions.
- Flo for Spring XD designer supports creating composed jobs.
- Admin UI supports execution history of composed jobs.
- Cassandra Sink and Header Enricher Processor
- Gpfdist sink now supports update operations and full range of control file options
- Spark 1.3.1 Support
- A timeout value for flushing writes to HDFS in order to ensure data is persisted on the HDFS DataNode’s disks.
- General dependency upgrades, Spring Data Gosling, SI 4.2, and Boot 1.2
- Hadoop distribution version updates to Apache Hadoop 2.7.1 and Hortonworks Data Platform 2.2. Pivotal Hadoop 2.1, 3.0 and Cloudera Hadoop 5.3
The next release line introduces a major redesign to the underlying architecture and breaking up Spring XD into several independent projects. Building upon Spring Boot and Spring Cloud capabilities, Spring XD is actively being redesigned as Spring Cloud Data Flow - a cloud native programming and operating model for composable message-driven microservices. More details can be found in the blog posts: Introducing Spring Cloud Data Flow and A Quick Look At Spring Cloud Data Flow. InfoQ also summarizes the changes in the article SpringXD being Re-architected and Re-branded to Spring Cloud Data Flow.