On behalf of the community, I’m pleased to announce the release of Spring Session 1.1.0.RELEASE. The release can be found in Maven Central.
With over 80 issues resolved, there is plenty found in this release. You can find a complete list of changes in the change logs (1.1.0.M1, 1.1.0.RC1, 1.1.0.RELEASE). A summary of the changes can be found below:
- Support for Hazelcast. Thanks @_mark_a and @tommyludwig!
- Support for GemFire Thanks to John Blum!
- Support for search for session by username
- Support Customize Cookie Creation. Thanks to everyone who provided PRs and feedback for this feature!
- Add HttpSessionListener support
- Allow override default RedisSerializer
- Performance improvements
- Allow scoping the session in Redis using redisNamespace. Thanks fstegmann!
- Allow writing to Redis immediately (instead of lazily) using redisFlushMode
- Add ExpiringSession.setLastAccessedTime(long)
If you would like to discuss the release or anything else Spring Session, please join us on Gitter !
Thanks to a very active community, we already have plans for a 1.2 with support for JDBC and Mongo based repositories. The current plan is to have an RC1 available in March. Assuming there are no issues found we will follow up with a GA release a few weeks afterwards.