On behalf of the team, I am pleased to announce the release of Spring Cloud Skipper 1.0 RC1.
Skipper is a lightweight tool that allows you to discover Spring Boot applications and manage their lifecycle on multiple Cloud Platforms. You can use Skipper standalone or integrate it with Continuous Integration pipelines to help implement the practice of Continuous Deployment.
The 1.0 RC1 release fixes several bugs and introduces a some new features.
- OAuth Security support.
- Release install, upgrade, and rollback workflow managed using the Spring StateMachine project.
- REST API improvements.
- Database Schemas managed using Flyway.
- Package deletion, checking for active Releases.
- Release deletion with optional package deletion.
- Shell commands follow a consistent
format, e.g. platform list, release status.
- Add support for ResourceMetadata URIs in package template.
- Support for interactive and non-interactive shell modes.
- Improved conversion from java.util.Properties, to YAML in shell.
The getting started section in the reference guide is the best place to start kicking the tires.