Hi Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week I am in Chicago for the SpringOne Tour Chicago event. If you’re around, then of course don’t hesitate to say hi! Mostly, though, I’ve been busily preparing for the epic SpringOnePlatform event event being held in historic Washington DC in September. I hope to see you there!
We’ve got a lot to get to so let’s get to it!
- Spring Cloud Services for PCF Turns 2.0, adds support for your Spring Boot 2 applications
- Nice article on the Pivotal blog on how to build modern data pipelines with Pivotal GemFire and Spring Cloud Data Flow
- Spring Cloud Stream Fishtown.M2 /2.1.0.M2 Release Announcement
- In this installment of my new eight part series introducing Spring Cloud GCP, Bootiful GCP, I look at globally consistent data access with Spring Cloud GCP and Google Cloud Spanner
- In this, the second of an eight part series looking at Spring Cloud GCP and Google Cloud GCP, I introduce RDBMS-based data access with Spring Cloud GCP
- Love Spring and Spring Boot? Then, You’re Going to Love these Projects, too.
- Spring Integration for AWS 2.0 GA and Spring Cloud Stream Kinesis Binder 1.0 GA
- Nice post over on the Stark and Wayne blog on how to reload buildpacks in Cloud Foundry
- The Cloud Foundry foundation ranked programming languages most used for enterprise application development. No surprise here: Java ranks first.
- Join us at the Cloud Foundry Summit in Philadelphia, PA on April 2nd-4th, 2019
- This is an interesting post on how to deploy a Spring Cloud Function-based application using the
npm-based Serverless framework to deploy to AWS Lambda
- Check out this guide on things to see on day 2 of SpringOne Platform
- Check out this insightful post on using Spring Security with Microsoft Azure B2C
- Benjamin Wilms updated the docs of Chaos Monkeys for Spring Boot and described how to use it without adding it to your dependencies.
- Spring Framework 5.1 will no longer proxy your test instances unnecessarily, thanks to Juergen Hoeller who is so amazing he sometimes unwittingly resolves issues! In this case, the fix arrived in SPR-9478 while tackling a Kotlin-related issue SPR-17137.
- The first JDK 11 Release Candidate is now available
- Check out the Netifi platform, a new platform based on RSocket, which is in turn based on Reactor
- This is pretty cool! The concept of buildpacks, which spun out of Heroku and have been embraced by the whole Cloud Foundry community, was presented recently to the Cloud Native Foundation
- Do not miss SpringOne Platform! The agenda is up and waiting!
- Check out this next nice installment of a video series looking at Apache Geode
- The latest release of the Assembler project, which is a functional, type-safe and stateless Java API for solving the N + 1 query problem in multi-databases and microservices aggregation, is now available. Of course, it also supports Reactor for composition!