Hi Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! I’ve just flown from Singapore and arrived in Hong Kong where I’ll be meeting with some of our bigger customers here for a few days. Then, it’s off to Taipei where, among other things, I’ll be presenting at the Taipei JUG and talking to some customers. If you’re in any of these places, don’t hesitate to reach out and say hi (@starbuxman)!
With that, we’ve got a ton to get to so let’s get to it!
- Need 24x7 ETL? Then Move to Cloud Native File Ingest with Spring Cloud Data Flow
- Spring Boot in a Container
- I love this list of resources related to RSocket from my friend Jacky at Alibaba
- Check out this new feature in Kotlin 1.3: enable progressive mode of the compiler (
-progressiveoption) for a fast-track way to get fixes for compiler issues that affect language semantics
- JHipster v5.7.0 released!
- The Spring Boot Admin’s Johannes Edmeier has just announced that Spring Boot Admin 2.1.1, with an important bugfix, has been released
- The Spring Cloud Greenwich release schedule has changed slightly. This week we will release M2, then RC1 will be Dec 6th, and finally RELEASE will be Dec 20th. As always, see the milestones in
- The Spring Cloud team’s Spencer Gibb has opened up some issues on Github that are ideal for first-time contributors that are looking for an easy first contribution to Spring Cloud
- Atomist CEO and Spring founder Rod Johnson says that software delivery needs a framework just as much as application development does. Check out his Spring One Platform 2018 presentation on Atomist
- Vojtech Ruzicka’s got a nice post, Faster Development with Spring Boot DevTools
- Check out the prototype Microsoft SQL Server R2DBC implementation! Feel free to give it a try and of course feedback is welcome!
- The ArangoDB team just released the next version of the ArangoDB Spring Data integration, at v3.2.0, and added the brand new Spring Boot starter for all Spring enthusiasts
- Spring Boot ninja Madhura Bhave reminds us that the code for the Spring Initializr service has been moved to a separate
gitrepisitory. Ironically, they forgot to add a
.gitignoreto that repository which wouldn’t have happened if they’d generated it using the Spring Initializr!
- Interesting talk: Spring-driven industrial IoT utilizing edge, fog, and cloud computing
- Spring Cloud Contract lead Marcin Grzejszczak has some good news: thanks to this pull-request, they’re bringing back Apache Camel support to Spring Cloud Contract!
- This is an interesting graph of performance improvement for Lukas Krecan’s application after migration from Spring Boot 2.0 on JDK 10 to Spring Boot 2.1 on JDK 11
- Here are the slides to Spring Data lead Oliver Gierke’s talk at JAXcon 2018 on "building Better Moduliths – modulithic applications with Spring Boot
- Check out Dr. Nic’s series introducing all things KNative to help you explore serverless computing atop Kubernetes
- Spring Security lead Rob Winch just added a “first-timers-only” issue to Spring Security. Ping them on the issue if you want to take it. They’re glad to help guide you through contributing to this issue.
- Sharad Gupta has a nice post on RabbitMQ publisher confirms and returns callback with/without the “mandatory” flag