Hi Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week I’ve just concluded the second of my two online trainings, one on Monday on Reactive Spring, and another today on using Spring Boot in Kotlin. This week I’ll be in Montreal, Canada for an appearance at the Montreal JUG and at Dawscon. I’d love to see you at both events! Come out and say “Hi!” or “Bonjour!”
- READ: I’ve got a new series introducing how to use Spring with Microsoft Azure. It’ll have six parts, with new installments every Monday and Thursday for three weeks. We’ve already published parts one and two. The first post Bootiful Azure: Taking Your First Steps with Microsoft Azure and part two is Bootiful Azure: SQL-based data access with Microsoft SQL Server.
- WATCH: In this last week’s Spring Tips installment I look at RSocket, the reactive, elastic integration protocol from Facebook and Pivotal, among others.
- LISTEN: In this week’s installment of my Bootiful Podcast we talked to observability icon and Micrometer lead Jon K Schneider about his observations on observing, microservices, Netflix, Pivotal and the Spring team.
- Spring Cloud Stream - Fishtown.RELEASE (2.1.0.RELEASE)
- Spring Cloud Function - 2.0.0.RELEASE
- Do not miss this January 29th webinar on Securing Microservices with Spring and Pivotal Cloud Foundry Webinar
- I dig this simple-to-grasp table illustrating the differences between Java Streams vs. Reactor’s
- Boost the performance of your Spring Data JPA application
- A nice on article on the Baeldung blog on deploying a Spring Boot Application to Cloud Foundry
- Another nice Baeldung blog on deploying a Spring Boot Application to AWS Beanstalk
- Are you in San Francisco or the San Francisco, Bay Area? Do not miss Ben Hale’s Wednesday SF JUG talk on R2DBC
- Check out this tutorial on event-sourcing, CQRS and microservices with Spring
- Spring Boot-enabled Apache Camel integration with Rabbitmq and MongoDB 3
- By the way I recently did an eight part series introducing Spring for Google Cloud. You might want to check that series out, too.