On behalf of the team and everyone that contributed, I am pleased to announce that the first milestone of Spring Boot 2.2 has been released and is available from our milestone repository. This release closes over 140 issues and pull requests.
Highlights of this first milestone include:
- Spring Data Moore M2
- Significantly faster binding of large numbers of configuration properties
- Opt-in support for lazy bean initialization (there will be more on this in a subsequent blog post)
- JMX is now disabled by default
- Numerous dependency upgrades
- Faster startup and lower memory footprint when using the Actuator
If you want to get started with 2.2 and try out the new features, you can bootstrap a new project on https://start.spring.io.