We are pleased to announce first milestone of the Spring Cloud Function - 2.1.0.M1.
Individual modules of Spring Cloud Function 2.1.0.M1 are available for use in the Spring Milestone repository.
This release encompasses the following:
- Some of the features that has always been available in bean factory based function catalog are now part of the functional form (see Dave Syer’s blog for more details on functional form) :
- Multiple endpoint support - ability to map multiple HTTP endpoints the same way one would expect in conventional context configuration.
- Function composition - ability to compose function (e.g.,
- Ability to communicate and retain meta-information via Message headers for cases where Message function is composed with non-Message (e.g.,
Function<Message<?>>, Message<?>>is composed with
- Support for implicit function composition where
catalog.lookup("|bar")are all valid lookups providing container with enough information to determine your intentions. For example, empty string simply implies there is only one Function in catalog and no explicit name should be provided.
- Creating Supplier from remote HTTP endpoint where one can define the sink url (destination) and the source url (source) and use the app as a pipeline for events from/to HTTP.
- AWS Custom Runtime feature.
- Other minor enhancements and bug-fixes.
Spring Cloud Function 2.1.x is dependent on spring-boot 2.1.x.
If you’re interested in helping out, check out the “ideal for contribution” tag in the issue repository. If you have general questions, please ask on stackoverflow.com using the