Dear Spring Community,
I am happy to announce the 4.2.0 release of the Spring Tools 4 for Eclipse, Visual Studio Code, and Atom.
Highlights from this release include:
- (Spring Boot) new: Allow configuration of VM arguments for LSP process “PropertiesLauncher” (#211)
- (Spring Boot) performance: major performance improvements to symbol indexing infrastructure by caching created symbols across language server starts
- (Spring Boot) performance: replaced internal type indexing with communication to JDT (language server) to save time and memory spend for keeping our own type index
- (Eclipse) new: distribution updated to Eclipse 2019-03
- (Eclipse) new: enables Spring JMX support now by default in Spring Boot launch configs
- various additional bug fixes and improvements
To download the distribution for Eclipse and find links to the marketplace entries for Visual Studio Code and Atom, please go visit:
- Spring Tools 4: https://spring.io/tools/
Detailed changes can be found here: https://github.com/spring-projects/sts4/wiki/Changelog#2019-03-28-420-release
Spring Tools 4.2.1 is scheduled to be released in late April 2019.