Dear Spring Community,
I am happy to announce the 4.2.1 release of the Spring Tools 4 for Eclipse, Visual Studio Code, and Atom.
Highlights from this release include:
- (Spring Boot) performance: additional performance and memory footprint improvements to symbol indexing, now eats less memory and is faster while doing the initial indexing run
- (Spring Boot) new: content-assist for bean types in Spring XML config files
- (Spring Boot) new: content-assist for property names in Spring XML config files
- (Spring Boot) new: content-assist for bean references in property definitions in Spring XML config files (very rough early cut, needs a lot more work on proposal content, number of proposals, and sorting)
- (Eclipse) fixed: empty property values in custom properties not set when launching boot apps (#275)
- (Eclipse) fixed: content-assist doesn’t activate (restart) old language servers anymore
To download the distribution for Eclipse and find links to the marketplace entries for Visual Studio Code and Atom, please go visit:
- Spring Tools 4: https://spring.io/tools/
Detailed changes can be found here: https://github.com/spring-projects/sts4/wiki/Changelog#2019-04-18-421-release
Spring Tools 4.2.2 is scheduled to be released in late May 2019.