We are pleased to announce the general availability of Spring Cloud Open Service Broker 3.0.0. This release introduces a significant shift from imperative to reactive APIs in order to support the new reactive-based web framework, Spring WebFlux. v3.0.0 was developed in parallel with v2.1.x and has feature parity with v2.1.2. Looking forward, all new features will only be added to the 3.x releases.
New features available in v3.0.0:
- Continue support for Open Service Broker API v2.14.
- Support Spring Boot 2.1 and Spring Framework 5.1
- Introduce support for Spring WebFlux via a new Reactive API (based on Project Reactor)
- Continue support for Spring MVC
- Rename the Spring Boot starter because it now supports both Spring web frameworks
- Introduce several reactive life cycle hooks for performing additional operations
Include the following Spring Boot starter:
<dependency> <groupId>org.springframework.cloud</groupId> <artifactId>spring-cloud-starter-open-service-broker</artifactId> <version>3.0.0.RELEASE</version> </dependency>