Dear Spring Community,
I am happy to announce the 3.9.9 maintenance release of the Spring Tool Suite 3 (STS3).
Highlights from this release include:
- updated to Eclipse 2019-06 release
- mimics the https-preferring XSD schema lookup of the core Spring framework
- allows users to use https for Spring schema locations as default
- various bug fixes
To download the distributions, please go visit:
- Spring Tool Suite 3: https://spring.io/tools3/sts/all
- Detailed new and noteworthy notes can be found here: STS 3.9.9 New & Noteworthy.
STS 3.9.9 is presumably the final release of the Spring Tool Suite 3 distribution. At the moment, there are no further updates or maintenance releases planned. For moving forward we recommend to switch to the next generation of the tooling, the Spring Tools 4. In case of high demand, we might produce additional maintenance update releases of the Spring Tool Suite 3. But in case you are missing important features in the new Spring Tools 4 that prevents you from switching over, let us know and report an enhancement request at https://github.com/spring-projects/sts4/issues.