Hi Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! As I write this I’m in beautiful Bangalore, India, stuck in a monster of a traffic jam trying to make it to another meeting. I’m so elated to be here to connect with amazing people and organizations. I’m also excited that, this week, I’ll be speaking at the Bangalore Java User Group. Please, come out and say hi!
As usual, we’ve got a lot to cove so let’s get to it!
- I loved recording last week’s installment of A Bootiful Podcast wherein I got to talk to Google’s James Ward, Okta’s Matt Raible and Grand Cloud’s Ryan Knight on the Simplicity Continuum
- Spring Boot for Apache Geode & Pivotal GemFire 1.1.0.RELEASE & 1.2.0.M1 Released!
- Collecting Custom Micrometer metrics has never been easier - Instana
- Deploying Spring Boot Applications - The Startup - Medium
- Smooth implementation of CQRS/ES with Spring Boot and Axon framework
- How To Keep the Layers of your Spring App Separate using Integration Tests - YouTube
- Spring Boot And Context Handling
- Pivotal has entered into an agreement to be accquired by VMWare
- Why should not use the AUTO JPA GenerationType with MySQL and Hibernate - Vlad Mihalcea
- The Baeldung blog has an interesting post on using JHipster (which is based on Spring Boot and which in turn uses Spring Security) to externally authenticate