Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring - and what a week it is! I’m at the epic annual eventapalooza that is Oracle CodeOne (formerly JavaOne). I just finished a talk today on reactive programming and I’ll have another talk on Kotlin on Wednesday. Don’t miss it!
Meanwhile, we’ve got a ton of things to get to this week so let’s get to it!
- Spring Boot for Apache Geode & Pivotal GemFire 1.1.1.RELEASE & 1.2.0.M2 Available!
- If you listen to one podcast this week, listen to this latest and greatest installment of A Bootiful Podcast with Spring Framework co-founder, and lead, Juergen Hoeller on Spring Framework 5.2, open-source, deciding the themes for a new release, his legendary journey as lead of Spring Framework, and more.
- Spring Cloud Greenwich.SR3 Released
- Spring Vault 2.2 M1 available now
- Check out Reactor teammate Simon Basle’s talk on RSocket, from the epic JavaZone 2019 event last week
- The Spring Initializr - start dot spring dot io - now supports dark mode!
- I really like this technical comparison of API Gateway technologies, including Spring Cloud Gateway
- I’d like to see Flyway supporting R2DBC, our reactive SQL datastore access SPI. Wouldn’t you?
- It’s really great that Pivotal, along with organizations like Alibaba and Netifi, have launched the Reactive Foundation, whose first project will be RSocket.
- The FreeCodeCamp blog has an interesting looking tutorial on Spring Boot