Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This is also the 9th anniversary of the This Week in Spring blog series. I started it the first Tuesday after the new year in January 2011. NINE years is a long time, and it’s been - and continues to be - a ton of fun.
I’ve never missed an installment - every Tuesday for almost a decade, come heck or high water - I get this done. It’s always on Tuesday, my time - whatever time that is. If I’m in Tokyo or Shanghai or Sydney then the installment may very well post sometime in most people’s Monday, or if I’m in California or Hawaii or South America, then it might be posted sometime early into most people’s Wednesday. But it’s always my Tuesday. Some times, I’ve had to cheat and apply the Hawaii rule: it’s still Tuesday if it’s still Tuesday in Hawaii! But, it’s always Tuesday. Things have gotten easier for me. Nowadays, plenty of airplanes have Wi-Fi. And, our blog software now supports scheduled posts. So, almost no reason I should ever miss an installment unless I’m very busy.
I find that this exercise - of finding the latest and greatest, analyzing it and sharing it - has been very beneficial for me. It’s not only connected me to the zeitgeist of an ever-expanding, amazing ecosystem, it’s also connected me to you: you can’t know how much it means to me when people send me email ([email protected]), or direct messages (@starbuxman) with their exciting new content to post. I love that enthusiasm. It’s better than coffee! Thank you, community. You’re epic, and I couldn’t be more grateful.
- Happy new year! In this first installment of A Bootiful Podcast in the new year, I am delighted to have been able to bring you an interview with my hero, the amazing, the inimitable, the legendary, Spring Boot, and Spring Cloud co-founder Dr. Dave Syer
- We’d love your feedback on your opinion of Spring Cloud Data Flow
- Did you see the Spring Cloud roadmap published right before Christmas?
- I like this blog, Modernize Monolith Java Application to Containerized Microservices, that looks at building microservices with Spring Boot
- I love Matt Raible’s tutorial over on the Okta blog, Build a CRUD App with Angular 9 and Spring Boot 2.2
- Oliver Drotbohm identifies the common issues in unstructured monoliths and discusses approaches to package design, component structure, transactions, and the usage of events, in this SpringOne Platform 2019 talk that’s now on InfoQ.
- I loved this talk from Google’s Ray Tsang on tools - Jib, Skaffold - and best practices for Spring and Kubernetes.
- This is an interesting thread on Reddit: are Reactive Streams single threaded or multi-threaded
- This is an interesting example on doing RSocket BASIC authentication with Spring
- This seems like an interesting usecase: Spring Boot and Elasticsearch-powered autocompletion.