On behalf of the team and everyone that contributed, I am pleased to announce that the first milestone of Spring Boot 2.3 has been released and is available from our milestone repository. This release closes 167 issues and pull requests.
Highlights of this first milestone include:
- Support for building Docker images using Cloud Native Buildpacks
- Support for building layered jars for building optimized Docker images
- End-to-end traceability for Configuration Properties
- Numerous dependency upgrades
- Support for Spring Data Neumann M1 which ships with major driver upgrades
If you want to get started with 2.3 and try out the new features, you can bootstrap a new project on https://start.spring.io.
Stay tuned for a blog post describing how to use the new Docker features!