Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another rip-roaring installment of This Week in Spring! My family and I are basically self-quarantined for the meanwhile, trying to avoid the terrifying COVID-19 pandemic that’s ravaging communities around the world. This pandemic is bad because it’s leaving countless thousands of sick or dead. It also means that it’s harder for me to get on planes to meet people.
I’m disappointed I won’t be able to - and haven’t been able to - make these shows. But, there’s always something to be learned and this week is no different. It was a busy week in Spring indeed! Let’s get to it!
- Spring Boot for Apache Geode & Pivotal GemFire 1.1.6.RELEASE & 1.2.5.RELEASE available!
- Spring Session for Apache Geode & Pivotal GemFire 2.1.9.RELEASE, 2.2.3.RELEASE and 2.3.0.RC1 available!
- Getting Started With RSocket: Spring Boot Client
- A Bootiful Podcast: Spring I/O organizer and Spring trainer extraordinaire Sergi Almar
- Spring Cloud Hoxton Service Release 3 (SR3) is available.
- Spring Security 5.3 goes GA
- Spring Session Dragonfruit-RC1, Corn-SR2 and Bean-SR10 Released
- In this week’s installment of Spring Tips, I look at Kotlin and Spring Security
- Retrieve User Information in Spring Security | Codementor
- Have you seen the new Spring Cloud Circuitbreaker guide?
- Why is spring Mac the best framework for building HTTP APIs?
- Tony Vetter has published an excellent guide on using the Spring Cloud Gateway
- Good news! There’s now a MariaDB R2DBC driver
- New version of test containers
- Check out this great listing of some of the premiere integrations for Spring users in Microsft Azure
- UUID based Value Objects with Spring Boot REST API - Wim Deblauwe
- Using Tailwind CSS with Spring Boot and Thymeleaf - Wim Deblauwe