Dear Spring Community,
I am happy to announce the 4.6.0 release of the Spring Tools 4 for Eclipse, Visual Studio Code, and Theia.
Highlights from this release include:
- (Spring Boot) performance: improved performance while scanning projects for symbols
- (Spring Boot) performance: improved performance when multiple files change at once (e.g. after a switch to a different branch or a git pull + refresh)
- (Eclipse) bugfix: source lookup for Spring Boot launch configs works again
- (Eclipse) documentation: There is a new section in the user documentation that focuses on migrating an existing workspace from Spring Tool Suite 3 to Spring Tools 4: https://github.com/spring-projects/sts4/wiki/STS3-Migration
To download the distribution for Eclipse and find links to the marketplace entries for Visual Studio Code and Theia, please go visit:
- Spring Tools 4: https://spring.io/tools/
Detailed changes can be found here: https://github.com/spring-projects/sts4/wiki/Changelog#2020-03-19-460-release
Spring Tools 4.6.1 is scheduled to be released in late April 2020.