Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! What a wonderful, bootiful week it’s been! This last week saw the long-awaited release of Spring Boot 2.3.0!
There are a lot of wonderful features in this release including, but not limited to, Java 14 support, Docker image generation, graceful shutdown, liveliness probes, upgrades to Spring Data Neumann, and so much more. Here are some resources on some of those features. And, also, check out the blog.
- R2DBC support (see this Spring Tips installment on using R2DBC
- Docker container image support. See this blog on Docker image generation
- Java 14 support. See this Spring Tips installment on Java 14
- This is also the version to use if you want to consume the Graal Native Image builder feature. Here’s a Spring Tips video on that, too.
There are, as usual, a ton of other things worth noting this week, as well, and we’ve got a huge roundup to get to so let’s get to it.
- No, seriously; did I mention that Spring Boot 2.3 is out?! Spring Boot 2.3.0 available now!! Go to the Spring Initializr and begin your journey to production now.
- And there’s a nice integration in Spring Data (Klara Dan von) Neumann?
- Spring Boot Reference Documentation on new docket image support in spring boot 2.3
- In last week’s A Bootiful Podcast installment, I talk to VMWare COO Sanjay Poonen
- Spring Session Dragonfruit-RELEASE Released
- Introduction to Azure Spring Cloud with IntelliJ IDEA
- CVE reports published for Spring Security
- Spring Data Neumann goes GA
- Learn the basics of Cloud Native Buildpacks and a few different ways in which they can be used in Cora Iberkleid’s Spring Live talk
- Steven Rostedt Talks Linux Kernel on the “Bootiful Podcast”
- Have you submitted your talk for #SpringOne yet? The deadline is tomorrow! Apply here
- Happy 25th birthday, Java!
- JPA Entity Graphs with Spring Boot - The Startup - Medium
- It’s time for… State of the Loom!
- Targeted to JDK 15: JEP 339: Edwards-Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (EdDSA)
- Also targeted to JDK 15: JEP 384: Records (Second Preview)
- Millions of people use the My VMware portal every month. Turns out they rebuilt it as Spring #microservices…
- How a Refresh of the My VMware Portal Improved the Customer Self-Service Experience - VMware on VMware
- If Spring Data JDBC doesn’t ship with a Dialect for your favourite database, this is how you may supply your own
- A 5 hour case introducing Spring Security
- Top 10 Courses to Learn Spring Security and OAuth2 with Spring Boot for Java Developers
- Yesterday we looked at a single RabbitMQ quorum queue performance. Today we look at flow control
- Our friends at Azure just published the new Azure documentation for Spring Data JDBC with MySQL
- Apache Tomcat on Twitter: "Users of Tomcat 10 should be aware that the package for all specs has changed from
jakarta.*. Code changes will almost be certainly required to migrate from Tomcat to Tomcat 10.
- A Deep Dive Into Spring Cloud Load Balancer – Piotr’s TechBlog