Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to yet another installment of This Week in Spring! How’re you doing? Good, I hope!
I’ve just finished recording two epic episodes of a Bootiful Podcast that’ll be streaming to ears near you in the not-too-distant future. I can not wait.
I’m also super excited: tomorrow I’ll be hosting the Reactive Spring and Spring Tips-themed edition of SpringOne Tour. Do not miss this!
Also, the Spring team wants to hear from you! Please fill this survey out.
We’ve got a ton of stuff to get into this week, so let’s begin.
- A Bootiful Podcast: Intuit’s Katie Levy on Spring Boot, Kotlin, Android and more
- Announcing Spring Cloud Data Flow for Kubernetes.
- At @VMware, @sinasojoodi & @RKela are helping retailers migrate to event streaming and event-driven microservices. Hear all about it on today’s episode of #StreamingAudio, hosted by @tlberglund, where they cover @springcentral and much more!
- Building a Chat application with Angular and Spring Reactive WebSocket: Part 2 | by Hantsy | Jul, 2020 | Medium
- Check out this guide to learn how to schedule
Tasks with Spring
- Clean Architecture Boundaries with Spring Boot and ArchUnit
- Collaborative Leadership: Transparency and Governance Beyond Company Affiliation
- Did you miss last week’s “TGI Kubernetes”? It was good!
- Don’t forget I’ll be taking over the SpringOne Tour tomorrow! Save your seat!
- From Mainframe to Microservices with Pivotal Platform and Kafka: Bridging the Data Divide
- Getting started with RSocket in Spring Boot
- GitHub, the world’s largest open-source software site buries 21 TB open-source code in Arctic vault for 1,000 years. This is super cool! And particularly so because it includes a ton of Spring projects to which I, and many other community users, have contributed. Thank you, community! Your work will endure in production today and in the hearts and minds of those who succeed us 1,000 years from now!
- Have you checked out our amazing intro-to-Kubernetes, KubeAcademy?
- Hiya Spring fans! I’ll be presenting both tomorrow and Thursday morning at 8:30am PST-ish for the Reactive edition of SpringOne Tour. Join us, won’t you?
- How to deliver software by writing tests first.
- I love this deep look at the Tanzu Observability platform, powered by Wavefront
- Introducing Java Functions for Spring Cloud Stream Applications - Part 1
- Is there any need to switch to modules when migrating past Java 8? No.
- Loom Q&A
- Mapping a path query in Spring Data Neo4J
- Rethinking the role of MemorySegment vs. MemoryAddress
- Save Your Stack: Build Cloud Native Apps with Spring, Kubernetes and Cassandra | VMware Tanzu Developer
- Serializable Records - another interesting post on Inside.java
- Setup a Spring Boot application fast using Spring Initializr
- SivaLabs has a ton of great articles that look at building microservices with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Speaking of SpringOne, have you registered for this year’s all-free, all-online SpringOne 2020 event? It’ll take place on September 2-3, 2020. Don’t miss this!
- Spring Boot Two-Factor Authentication by Amr Khaled over on the Javarevisited blog
- Spring Data JPA: Query Projections
- Spring Framework 5.2.8, 5.1.17, 5.0.18, and 4.3.28 available now
- Spring Initializr 0.9.0 available now
- The Bootiful Podcast: Instrumenting and Visualizing the Linux Kernel
- This Google Cloud portal has tons of great stuff on optimizing Spring Boot and Java applications for Google Cloud Run
- This is a very thoughtful post on dependency management in Java over on the Azure Java blog.
- Thoughts from the Front-line: Why Wavefront? | by Clement Pang | Jul, 2020 | Medium
- Want to get hands-on experience with Spring? Now you can.
- What the Education Services Team has in Store for You at VMworld 2020
- the first release of the R2DBC PostgreSQL driver from within the PostgreSQL organization has been cut!