Dear Spring Community,
I am happy to announce the 4.7.1 release of the Spring Tools 4 for Eclipse, Visual Studio Code, and Theia.
Highlights from this release include:
- (Spring Boot) enhancement: Syntax check for Annotations with Spring Expression Language (#475)
- (Spring Boot) fixed: hard to reproduce BadLocationException inside of language server fixed now, occurred e.g. in (#451)
- (Eclipse) new: early access update sites and distribution builds for Eclipse 2020-09 available now (and requires JDK11 to run)
- (Eclipse) improvement: old Spring Boot launch configs are now “fixed” automatically to exclude test classes again
- (Eclipse) improvement: new Spring Symbols view now works a lot better when selecting the file scope (also takes selections from package explorer into account)
- (Eclipse) fixed: STS4 Does Not Start After Installing Papyrus Plugin (#499)
- (Eclipse) fixed: language server now being shutdown correctly when used by new Spring Symbols view
- (Eclipse) fixed: it is possible now to install the Spring Tools 4 into an existing Eclipse via the Spring Tools 4 p2 repo only - the main Eclipse update site doesn’t have to be enabled anymore (#497)
To download the distribution for Eclipse and find links to the marketplace entries for Visual Studio Code and Theia, please go visit:
- Spring Tools 4: https://spring.io/tools/
Detailed changes can be found here: https://github.com/spring-projects/sts4/wiki/Changelog#2020-07-30-471-release-incl-language-servers-version-1200
Spring Tools 4.7.2 is scheduled to be released in late August 2020.