Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! It’s been a fun week thus far - I spoke Monday at the first ever Garden State JUG event on testing Spring-based application and services and then today I spoke at the NYJava SIG about RSocket. Thank you so much for having me!
I can’t believe it’s already October 6th! We’re closer to 2021 than 2019. Crazy. A quarter of a year to go. I just write these roundups and things seem to fly as a result.
We’ve got a lot to get to, so let’s dive right in
- I wrote a preface for a Chinese-language book on reactive programming with Spring and you might enjoy the book, too
- A Bootiful Podcast: Long time Spring Framework engineer Arjen Poutsma on Spring’s web support, Scala, API Design, Reactive programming and more
- Premiering: Cloud Native Java, Redux. I put together this quick, almost 50 minutes-long video, covering a ton of things: distributed locks, reactive service orchestration and composition, service registration and discovery, messaging, centralized configuration, Docker images for Kubernetes, and more. Watch this for a look at building services in 2020 using Spring Boot and Spring Cloud and more
- A look at the Sentry Spring Boot starter
- A promising UI for spring boot startup analysis
- Bootstrapping Java Kubernetes Apps With Spring Initializr and K8s Initializer - DZone Java
- Community Signal: Is Your Open Source Project Healthy?
- Documenting Spring Boot Microservices with Optic
- Easy Session Sharing in Spring Boot with Spring Session and MySQL
- Episode 4 “Record Classes” with Gavin Bierman
- How to: Spring Boot JPA + REST with Bootify - DEV
- New Panama/Foreign Early Access Build
- Project Panama and jextract
- Reactive Spring Boot
- Spring Data Azure Cosmos DB V3 – Generally Available
- The Path Towards Spring Boot Native Applications - YouTube
- Using Cassandra with the Java Spring Framework | Datastax
- Why Reactive Principles Ensure System Scalability: A Conversation with Josh Long
- Github Welcomes the OpenJDK project
- We’re hiring!
- Async #Java Programming with Project Reactor and the new #Azure SDK for Java" by Srikanta Nagaraja
- The implementation of OpenJDK for #JEP388 Windows AArch64 (Arm) is now complete
- A new episode of TGIR is back!
- Check out the upcoming Java conference from Microsoft, JDConf
- Redis Client LettuceDriver 6.0 goes GA
- Data auditing with Spring Data R2DBC
- Java 15 Programmer’s Guide To Text Blocks
- Remember, Spring Boot 2.1.x goes EOL this November
- Interest and use of Spring Cloud is growing rapidly. Get the full picture in the State of Spring 2020 report
- Maciej Walkowiak took a look at the new Spring Boot 2.4 Actuator