Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! Can you believe we’re already past the first week of the last month of the year? I can’t even believe that it’s already been a week since we last congregated here, for this humble column, let alone almost a year since 2019! What a whirlwind.
We’ve got a ton of stuff to catch up on so let’s get to it!
- 10 Best Java Frameworks to Use in 2020 [Updated]
- A Bootiful Podcast: Dr. Heinz Kabutz
- How to figure out which Spring Boot versions are compatible with which Spring Cloud versions
- J-Fall Virtual 2020: Josh Long - Keynote: Cloud Native Java, Redux - YouTube
- Micrometer’s RSocket-based Prometheus proxy version 1.3.0 has been released. This upgrades to RSocket 1.1, Spring Boot 2.4, and Java 11 runtime for the proxy container image. It’s also using Paketo buildpacks to build the container now.
- Spring Boot can create a JFR dump
- Spring Cloud 2020.0.0-M6 (aka Ilford) Is Available
- Spring Cloud App Broker 1.2.1 released
- Spring Cloud Data Flow 2.6.4 and 2.7.0 Released
- Spring Security 5.4.2, 5.3.6, and 5.2.8 released
- Towards OpenJDK 17
- Welcome to the Reactive Foundation, R2DBC
- What Now to Miss on VMware Cloud on AWS
- What’s new? Differential Datalog.
- what’s new in Apache Maven 4?
- “If You Can’t Measure It, You Can’t Manage It” – Some Thoughts About Project Health
- I asked: Which version of @Java are you using? Why? and the results are fascinating!
- https://twitter.com/springcloud/status/1334163572058943489 @springcloud Spring Cloud 2020.0.0-M6 (aka Ilford) has been released! Would appreciate any feedback on this release before we release our first release candidate early next week! https://t.co/vybA