Dear Spring Community,
I am happy to announce the 4.9.0 release of the Spring Tools 4 for Eclipse, Visual Studio Code, and Theia.
- updated to Eclipse 2020-12 release (including support for Java 15)
- the Eclipse-based distribution of the Spring Tools 4 requires a JDK11 (or newer) to run on
- ships with an embedded JDK15 runtime, no need to install or configure a specific JDK to run the IDE on anymore
- (Spring Boot) new: show bean startup performance metrics in live hovers and code lenses (details in the user guide)
- (Spring Boot) new: show basic request mapping performance metrics in live hovers and code lensses (details in the user guide)
- (Spring Boot) new: provide content-assist for constructor-arg name in Spring XML config files (#562)
- (Spring Boot) fixed: language-server-internal exception happening when saving a file that has a space or other special characters in its name or path
- (Eclipse) improvement: added support for custom scripts to create docker images when deploying a boot app to docker in the boot dashboard (details in the user guide)
- (Eclipse) fixed: enable live hover action for more docker-related nodes in the boot dashboard
- (Concourse) fixed: navigation in pipeline files with VSCode Concourse CI extension doesn’t work everytime (#483)
To download the distribution for Eclipse and find links to the marketplace entries for Visual Studio Code and Theia, please go visit:
- Spring Tools 4: https://spring.io/tools/
Detailed changes can be found here: https://github.com/spring-projects/sts4/wiki/Changelog#2020-12-16-490-release-incl-language-servers-version-1240
Spring Tools 4.9.1 is scheduled to be released in early Feb 2021.