Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week is fixing to be a really fun one!
I’ll be speaking at the Seattle JUG tonight. It’s free, online, virtual, etc. Join us, won’t you?
I’ll also be speaking at the legendary Devnexus event this week. Do not miss that. Or the show. It’s free, being held virtually, online, and a ton of us from the Spring team will be there.
We’ve got a lot of good stuff to get to this week so let’s dive in!
- My buddy, the amazing and inestimable, Tanzu observability engineer Tommy Ludwig, and I wrote a little blog, Metrics and Tracing: Better Together. It’s chock full of Tommy’s brilliance and my terrible terrible puns. Don’t miss it!
- In last week’s installment of A Bootiful Podcast, I talked to Doordash tech lead manager Zohaib Sibte Hassan on Spring Boot, Kotlin, GRPC, and more
- An Open Source Approach to Decentralized Transactions
- This looks cool: a way to inspect RSocket frames from within Chrome
- Musings on Supply Chain Security
- Paving the Road to Modern Apps, by VMware Tanzu
- Philip Riecks has an interesting new tutorial, Testing Spring Boot Applications Masterclass, for sale.
- Spring Authorization Server 0.1.0 available now
- Spring Cloud Hoxton.SR10 has been released
- Spring Framework 5.3.4 and 5.2.13 available now
- Spring Security 5.4.4, 5.3.8, and 5.2.9 released
- Spring Vault 2.3.1 available
- Mark your calendar for these 2021 VMware conferences - SpringOne, VMworld, CloudLIVE, Connect.