Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week’s been exciting and only going to get more exciting as the days carry on.
Tomorrow, the 24th of February, I’ll be participating in a panel with Angie Jones, Daniel Bryant, Stefania Chaplin, and Jonathan Harris on how to debug and fix issues so that it doesn’t block production.
Tomorrow, I’ll_also_ be streaming on Twitch.tv around noon PST. Join us!
Alright, without any further ado, this week’s roundup! Enjoy!
- Announcing Spring Cloud for Kubernetes
- As part of that release, I put together a Spring Tips video/tutorial (1h40m!) that introduces the open-source Spring Cloud Gateway and features interviews with Spring Cloud Gateway creator and Spring Cloud cofounder Spencer Gibb as well as Spring Cloud Gateway for Kubernetes lead Chris Sterling. Enjoy!
- A Bootiful Podcast: Gitlab’s Reshmi Krishna on the developer lifecycle
- Spring Boot 2.3.9 is now available
- Spring Boot 2.4.3 is now available
- Spring Boot 2.5.0-M2 available now
- Spring Data 2021.0 M4, 2020.0 SR5, Neumann SR7 and Moore SR13 released
- Spring HATEOAS 1.3 M2 released
- Spring Initializr 0.10.0 available now
- Spring Security 5.4.5 released
- Spring Cloud Sleuth Open Telemetry 1.0.0-M4 was released! It contains upgrades for OTel 0.16 and OTel instrumentation 0.16. Enjoy! :)
- Are you trying to deploy a Spring Boot application to IBM’s Liberty application server? Stranger things have happened! This might be useful..
- GitHub Actions CI pipeline: GitHub Packages, Codecov etc.
- Oleh and Josh Explore RSocket with Josh Long and Oleh Dokuka | Tanzu.TV | VMware Tanzu Developer Center
- Rob Winch on Twitter: "In light of #JCenter shutting down I’ve put together a minimal sample with a detailed README on how I deploy directly to OSSRH #MavenCentral using #Gradle If you have feedback, please feel free to create tickets / PRs https://t.co/l
- Ready to accelerate Spring Boot apps in production without worrying about infrastructure or Kubernetes from 0 to a billion requests per day? Check out this webinar!
- Quickly learn how to accelerate and scale Java apps with Redis Cache on Microsoft Learn