Dear Spring Community,
I am happy to announce the 4.12.0 release of the Spring Tools 4 for Eclipse, Visual Studio Code, and Theia.
- updated to Eclipse 2021-09 release (including support for Java 16) (new and noteworthy)
- Java 17 support available (via separate add-on)
- early-access builds for Apple Silicon platform (ARM M1) available
- (VS Code, Spring Boot) fixed: [codespaces] vscode extension crashes if specified log output location doesn’t work (#676)
- (Eclipse, Spring Boot) improvement: Little UX improvement for Tags Editor in the Properties View (#649)
- (Eclipse, Spring Boot) fixed: symbols don’t work anymore in Eclipse (#682)
- (Eclipse, Spring Boot) fixed: Problem with the STS/eclipse initializr for custom project types (#660)
To download the distribution for Eclipse and find links to the marketplace entries for Visual Studio Code and Theia, please go visit:
- Spring Tools 4: https://spring.io/tools/
Detailed changes can be found here: https://github.com/spring-projects/sts4/wiki/Changelog#2021-09-15-4120-release-incl-language-servers-version-1280
Spring Tools 4.12.1 is scheduled to be released in late October 2021.