Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to yet another installment of This Week in Spring where we recap - with apologies to The Times - all the news that’s fit to reprint in the Spring and Spring-adjacent ecosystems. First: it’s almost Halloween! Can you believe it?? This year has absolutely flown by! I need to dust off my PHP costume for Halloween. Maybe I’ll even start using this particularly ghastly VS Code theme on the day…
Anyway, it’s been a busy week for me already and we’re only at the very beginning of Tuesday! I’ve been attending Kubecon (virtually), I spoke at the online I Code Java event at midnight and then this morning at 8am I was on the SnykLive discussion on the State of Java in 2021. Fun!
This week’s roundup also looks to be a fun one, so let’s get to it!
- I looked at the Spring GraphQL project in depth in last week’s Spring Tips installment.
- Speaking of GraphQL, there was an interesting article up on InfoQ: PayPal Adopts GraphQL: Gains Increased Developer Productivity
- Also, also, speaking of, this book by Sourabh Sharma, titled Modern API Development with Spring and Spring Boot: Design highly scalable and maintainable APIs with REST, gRPC, GraphQL, and the reactive paradigm , looks interesting indeed
- Do you want to get a Tanzu Kubernetes cluster up and running on your local machine? Now you can with Tanzu Community Edition. Check out this great tweet from Shaun McDonnell showing how easy it is!
- I will be speaking about creating edge services with GraphQL, reactive programming and Spring Cloud Gateway at Voxxed Days Romania on the 22/10/2021. I hope to see you there!
- I’ll be speaking on the VMware Tanzu Twitch channel (twitch.tv/vmwaretanzu) tomorrow in a sort of grab bag installment of Spring Tips! Join me, bring your questions, and let’s build some cool stuff.
- I was very sad to see Oleg leave the GraalVM team, but I’m thrilled to see him join the new company around TestContainers, AtomicJar
- A Bootiful Podcast: Heiko Scherrer on OpenWMS, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Data, workflow with Activiti and more
- want to manage federations of Kubernetes clusters? Then this new
kindis for you! Introducing ClusterClass and Managed Topologies in Cluster API
- Codelab: Spring Cloud GCP with Cloud SQL
- What’s the difference between Difference between
@GetMappingin Spring MVC?
- Want to join the Azure Spring Cloud Enterprise Tier (Private Preview)? Fill out this interest form.
- How to implement MongoDB using Spring Boot
- How to use
NamedQueryin Spring Framework
- Want to see Matt Raible and me as we make JHipster work with Spring Native and GraalVM? Check this video out!
- There are so many different Kubernetes dashboards out there. This one - Lens - also seems interesting!
- This is a neat Spring Boot, Swagger 3, and Spring Security Example
- Using Cloud Native Buildpacks to Address Security Requirements for the Software Supply Chain
- A cool post over on the Onurdesk blog: Video Streaming using Spring Webflux
- What is a Spring Data Repository interface?
- Using Yugabyte but want to use it in a managed fashion? Check out Yugabyte Cloud: A Managed Distributed SQL Database