Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! How are you?
I’m doing well, as always. I literally just wrapped up presenting a fun session at the Russian Joker conference all about Spring and GraphQL. I got a ton of great questions from an enthusiastic audience. Thanks so much for joining me, everyone. I’ve got to get to other meetings, though, so let’s get this wonderful week in Spring out of the way!
- Spring Tips: refreshable configuration with Spring Cloud Bus, and the Spring Cloud Config Monitor
- In last week’s A Bootiful Podcast, I talked to RabbitMQ and Weaveworks founder Alexis Richardson about RabbitMQ, Pivotal, Spring, Kubernetes, and FluxCD
- A great article that @Javinpaul linked me to: What is
@PropertySourcein Spring Framework?
- fellow Java Champion Andres Almiray has just released a very cool sample Spring Boot application demonstrating some features of the JReleaser project, which aims to make deploying artifacts as easy as possible.
- Want to learn Spring Boot? Check out BNYMellon/spring-kata, which are code katas for learning Spring and Spring Boot.
- Cloud Native Buildpacks / Paketo.io in GitLab CI without Docker & pack CLI
- Did you know that the official client for writing Discord clients in Java is built on project Reactor? Me either! How cool! Discord4J/Discord4J: Discord4J is a fast, powerful, unopinionated, reactive library to enable quick and easy development of Discord bots for Java, Kotlin, and other JVM languages using the official Discord Bot API.
- Multiple ways to configure Spring
- New Features For Spring Cloud Kubernetes In Spring Cloud 2021.0.0-M3
- Professional GUI and IDE for Azure Cosmos DB: Sign up for the free plan or 30 days trial - Alpaqa Studio for Cosmos DB
- Spot every Spring Boot application issue on the spot using AppDynamics!
- Spring Boot 2.4.12 is now available
- Spring Boot 2.5.6 is now available
- Spring Boot 2.6.0-RC1 is available now
- Spring Cloud OpenFeign versions 2.2.10.RELEASE, 3.0.5 and 3.1.0-M4 are now available
- Spring Cloud Sleuth OTel Reference Documentation
- Spring Cloud Square 0.4.0-M2 is available.
- Spring Cloud Square 0.4.0-M3 is available.
- Spring Framework 5.3.12 available now
- Spring GraphQL : GraphQL Done Right
- Using Spring with Apache Kafka - Full Introduction
- bkaminnski/links-spring: Links project implemented in Spring Boot. Demonstrates a composite UI pattern implemented in react.
- VSCode Java is 1.0! Hurray! vscode-java/CHANGELOG.md at master · redhat-developer/vscode-java
- kuberhealthy/kuberhealthy: A Kubernetes operator for running synthetic checks as pods. Works great with Prometheus!