Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring!
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring. This Thursday is Thanksgiving here in the US, where I live. it’s a time during which we Americans try to be thankful for what we have. And me, personally? I’ve got a lot of things for which I am grateful, this week and always.
I am thankful for my family and friends. A person is the company they keep, and I am lucky to have excellent company in my life.
I am thankful for my health. Right now, pandemic be danged, I’m healthy and happy, something for which I am endlessly grateful because I know what it’s like not to be healthy.
I am thankful for the fantastic Spring ecosystem. It’s an endlessly replenishing fount of awesomeness. Have you tried the new Spring Native 0.11 preview support (now available on the Spring Initializr!)? It’s amazing. My GraalVM native-image applications are about 30% faster in startup and take even less memory at runtime. It’s amazing! It’s trivial to get native images for of many kinds of workloads - Spring Integration, Spring Batch, Spring Data, Spring Security, Spring Webflux, JPA, RSocket, Spring Webflux, R2DBC, Spring Cloud, and so much more.
And we, dear community, are kind of like a big ol’ virtual family. So I know I speak for the entire Spring team when I say that we are very, very, very thankful for you, too. Thank you.
And lastly, I am thankful for the new and novel. That’s a massive part of the reason I put this roundup together every week. Idle hands are the devil’s playthings, as they say. But, this community is so vibrant that there’s always something fun to explore! And, on that note, let’s get to this week’s roundup…
- A Bootiful Podcast: Fellow Java Champion Kate Stanley on Kubernetes and Apache Kafka
- Hi, Spring fans! I hope you’ll check out the recent talk I did, Bootiful Kotlin, at the Kotlin Hyderabad event
- Continuously Verify Your Startup Times, so You Won’t Be Surprised Badly.
- Get to Know a Kubernetes Operator! I wrote this post as a sort of guided tour of some of my favorite operators for Kubernetes.
- The RSocket Routing Broker has been renamed to RSocket Broker. The new Github organization and projects are here. Maven coordinates and java packages have been updated. Updated samples are here.
- Spring AMQP (Spring for RabbitMQ) 2.4 is Now Available
- Spring Boot 2.4.13 available now
- Spring Boot 2.5.7 is now available
- Spring Boot 2.6 is now available
- Spring Cloud Netflix version 2.2.10.RELEASE is now available
- Spring HATEOAS 1.4 released
- Spring Tips: @Controllers: WebSockets
- Spring for Apache Kafka 2.8 is Now Available
- Speaking of Spring Tips, it’s Thanksgiving here in the US, so I won’t be producing an episode this week. C’ya next week!
Happy Thanksgiving! And thank you!