Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another jam-packed, fun-filled, rock’em sock’em installment of This Week in Spring! It’s the 18th of January and I’m feelin’ great because I just got back from a three-day weekend. Here in the US, we celebrated on Monday the life of the good Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a civil rights activist who advanced the plight of African American civil rights. Dr. King is another one of my favorite doctors, along with Drs. Syer, Strange, Who, Subramaniam, and Pollack.
How’re you? We’ve got a lot to cover so let’s get to it!
- A Bootiful Podcast: Spring Cloud Data Flow legend Sabby Anandan
- First Spring Data 2022.0.0 and 2021.2.0 milestones released
- Michael Coté on Twitter
- the Oracle Java team’s Sharat Chander (@sharat_chandler) recently took time to thank me, along with my heroes and Bootiful Podcast guests Dr. Venkat Subramaniam (@venkat_s) and Matt Raible (@mraible), for our contributions to the Java ecosystem. I want to return the favor, Sharat, here on this very large platform: thank YOU for all you’ve done for the community. You’re an inspiration.
- Spring Data 2021.1 SR1 and 2021.0 SR8 released
- Spring Framework 6.0.0-M2 and 5.3.15 available now
- Spring REST Docs 2.0.6.RELEASE
- Spring REST Docs 3.0.0-M1
- Spring Security 6.0.0-M1 and 5.7.0-M1 available now
- An update about the rollout of the Microsoft Build of OpenJDK on Azure Platform Services