Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! I write this installment as I pack and prepare for my trip to Antwerp, Belgium, for the always-amazing Devoxx show in Antwerp, Belgium. I’ve so missed this show over the pandemic and am so looking forward to returning. I hope to catch any and all of you there, too! I’ll be copresenting with my pal James Ward about some of the new and novel in Spring Boot 3 and Kotlin. It’s going to be awesome - join us and we’ll have some fun together!
Now, we’ve got a ton to cover so let’s dive right into it!
- Spring Tips: Spring Boot & Apache Kafka
- Spring Batch 5.0.0-M7 available now!
- Spring Cloud 2022.0.0-M5 is now available
- Spring Shell 2.1.2 and 3.0.0-M1 are now available
- The State of Spring Survey
- I put the updated code for my latest incarnation of Cloud Native Java - online in Github
- A Bootiful Podcast: Spring and Java community legend Marten Deinum
- Difference Between
Monoin Project Reactor
- Hey - Baeldung.com (yes, that Baeldung.com!) is using Spring, and they’re looking for a Java Team Lead with Spring Experience (Remote) (Part Time)
- Patterns for Iterating Over Large Result Sets With Spring Data JPA
- JobRunr’s already been upgraded to Spring Boot 3 for the JRE - and perhaps Spring Boot 3 AOT support is on the way?
- JMeter: Latency vs. Load Time
Want to learn more about Spring Boot and the wider ecosystem? SpringOne 2022 is almost here! If you want a chance to learn from the source, I hope you’ll join us 6-8 December 2022, right here in my hometown of San Francisco, my favorite west coast city in the USA. (Psst.: If you register now, there’s a $200 discount from the pass price with this code