Hi, Spring fans! How’re you doin’ this fine Tuesday morning? I’ve returned home to San Francisco and am up and at ’em nice and early to catch a flight to Seattle, where I’ll speak at the Java User Group tonight. If you’re in Seattle, don’t miss it!
We’ve got a ton of cool stuff to get into this week, but let’s not bury the lede here: Spring Framework 6 comes out tomorrow, Wednesday, the 16th of November, 2022! And you know where to go to get the bits: the Spring Initialzr, start.spring.io!
Let’s dive into this week’s roundup!
- Did you see the new Reactor 2022.0.0 release? This release contains integration with Micrometer Tracing, context propagation, and plenty of other improvements. See this for more.
- Spring Boot 3.0.0-RC2 available now
- Spring Cloud 2021.0.5 (codename Jubilee) Has Been Released
- Spring Framework 6.0.0-RC4 available now
- Spring Security 6.0.0-RC2 is available now
- Updates on Spring Cloud Stream 4.0.0 Schema Registry Support
- Coming with the RC of Spring Modulith: improved module canvas listing cross-module bean references (first image) and publicly exposed value types (second image).
- Kong Ingress Controller with Spring Boot
- Mocking a Singleton With Mockito
- Did you know that Jetbrains has a Spotify playlist of music designed for coding called “Pure Flow”? I like it!
- Spring @EnableMethodSecurity Annotation
- SpringRunner vs MockitoJUnitRunner