Welcome to another installation of This Week in Spring! This week I’m working with customers and trying to bring the Spring (and hoping for the according weather!) to hitherto snow-covered Denver, Colorado.
- the momentum behind the sensation that’s sweeping the nation, Spring Cloud, continues as it picks up speed heading to Spring Cloud Brixton’s final release! The first release candidate, Spring Cloud RC1, is now available! The new release has a lot of new features - make sure to consult the
- Joe Stein’s Developing Real-Time Data Pipelines with Apache Kafka from SpringOne2GX 2015 talk replay is now up
- Spring Social lead Craig Walls’ SpringOne2GX 2015 talk on developing social applications with Spring Social is now up
- Martin Lippert continues his epic series on the really powerful integrations Spring Boot Dashboard in the Spring Tool Suite
- Spring messaging ninja and Spring Integration lead Gary Russell has just announced Spring AMQP 1.6 M2 and 1.5.5
- Spring Security lead Rob Winch, never sleeping, has just released the first release candidate of Spring Security 4.1.0 packed with new features!
- Spring Cloud Stream lead Marius Bogoevici has just announced Spring Cloud Stream RC1
- Spring Statemachine lead Janne Valkealahti just announced Spring Statemachine 1.1.0.M2
- the Erlang Solutions blog has a really interesting post on a new feature in RabbitMQ 3.6.0 that load-balances the creation of new queues across a cluster
- I hope you’re following along with the exciting new stuff being added to Spring Boot 1.4! Go to the Spring Initializr and select Spring Boot 1.4 SNAPSHOT from version dropdown and then scroll down, for example, to the
NoSQLcolumn where you’ll see new support for Couchbase and Neo4j!
- I really liked Biju Kunjummen’s blog on the Java Code Geeks on how to get a single page application up and running with Spring Boot and Yeoman, quickly with the