Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week, I'm in Antwerp, Belgium talking to Spring, RabbitMQ, Tomcat, Redis, and Cloud Foundry users at Devoxx Belgium. We at Pivotal have a booth and are showing Spring Boot and giving away t-shirts. Be sure to stop by and say hi!
- Spring Boot 0.5.M6 is now available! The new release is full of amazing new features and you can use it from
gvm and Homebrew, too.
- The Reactor project 1.0 has just been released! Project lead Jon Brisbin has done an amazing job with the new release and the blog is full of win, so be sure to check it out.
- In that vein, I put together a post introducing Spring Boot M6's new awesome SSH support, complete with sample code and a screencast.
- Spring Framework 3.2.5 is now available!
- the replay of the webinar, Inside Cloud Foundry - an Arcitectural Review from SpringOne2GX 2013 is now online!
- Today we took the wraps off of Pivotal One - the cohesive set of Pivotal technologies that aims to significantly accelerate how companies build big data apps - and Pivotal CF, the turnkey, integrated version of Cloud Foundry. Definitely exciting news and this all, of course, bodes well for Spring users who want an open, portable cloud! I liked Wired's coverage of the event, too.
- The JavaBeat blog has a nice post on bean inheritance in Spring
- Spring MVC ninja Rossen Stoyanchev just put up a fantastic post on Spring 4's websockets support. Defintely worth a read!
- Also, be sure to see Rossen, Dr. David Syer, Juergen Hoeller, Rob Harrop, Oliver Gierke, and more at the Spring eXchange in London Thursday the 14th, 2013.
- Have you seen our new Spring Training Page? It features all the available Spring trainings and you can see a list of upcoming trainings.