Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring.
As usual, we've got a lot to cover so let's get to it!
- Spring Batch and Boot co-founder Dr. Dave Syer has announced that Spring Boot RC4 is now available. Check out the latest cut for all the goodies!
- There is a new guide that details how to use Spring Data REST
- Spring Data ninja Christoph Strobl has announced that Spring Data Redis 1.2 is now available.
- Don't miss Mattias Arthursson on a webinar March 18th, presenting Spring LDAP 2.0.0.
- Join Juergen Hoeller and the Spring Team for a webinar on Java 8 and Spring Framework 4.0 on March 25!
- David Turanski has put together a nice post on how to use Groovy for bean configuration
- Alvaro Videla's and Jan Machacek's talk from SpringOne2GX 2013, RabbitMQ is the new King, is now available online
- Gary Russell's SpringOne2GX 2013 talk introducing Spring Integration's internals is now online
- Pance Cavkovski has a nice post demonstrating the web socket support from the JavaWebSocket project, Java EE 7 and Spring 4.
- Norris Shelton Jr. has a nice post on accessing the Spring Security principal from the currently installed
Authenticationobject using a custom annotation
- Quinten Krijger has a nice post on how to manage session concurrency with Spring Security and Spring MVC
- Tomasz Nurkiewicz writes about how to build a custom Spring XML namespace. He makes a great point at the beginning, though: Spring doesn't require XML!
- The Not Just Another Blog blog looks at how to override the Spring Security filter chain
- Thys Michels has a short-and-sweet post on how to configure a Spring application using Java configuration to consume an ElasticSearch service on Heroku.