Hi Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! I flew 14 hours to Tel Aviv, Israel. I then spent 28h on the ground visiting customers, visiting my friends at Codota, and then presenting at a packed house at the Israel Java User Group. Then I flew another 14 hours back to San Francisco, CA where I presented for a four-hour online course on using Kotlin with Spring Boot. Tonight I’ll fly to Atlanta, GA for the incredible DevNexus conference where I’ll be presenting (twice) with the good Dr. Venkat Subramaniam on Kotlin (and Spring) and more. Tomorrow, I’m doing a four hour course on testing. Join me!
And, of course we’ve got a lot to get to today so let’s get to it!
- Spring HATEOAS 1.0 M1 released
- Spring Initializr: new UI
- java-cfenv 1.0 GA Released
- Reactor project lead Stéphane Maldini
- java-cfenv 1.0 RC1 Released
- Spring Vault 2.1.2.RELEASE available
- This post by Dan Baskette gives you a real world example of the power [of continuous integration and pipelines(https://twitter.com/pivotal/status/1102688418620940290?s=12), check it out.
- Pivotal now has three distinct Kubernetes offerings. Whatever you’re doing with Kubernetes, we’ve got you covered!
- Check out the exciting new Kotlin-support in the upcoming Spring Framework 5.2 with the
MockMvcDSL. The next step is the Spring REST Docs Kotlin DSL
- What We’re Learning Adopting Spring Boot and PCF for Dell.com’s eCommerce
- Maciej Walkowiak has updates on the the Spring Cloud Stream SQS…
- Spring Framework test lead and JUnit lead Sam Brannen says that Spring Framework 5.2 will support
ApplicationEventconsumption for the Spring
- Check out how simple it is to integrate Spring Cloud applications with Kubernetes to allow you to use values in configmaps and secrets as dynamic application properties.
- Are you using Project Riff and want to know more about KNative? Check out Brian McClain’s book, “Getting Started With Knative”
- This is an interesting example of how to use Spring Data events to perform validation.
- Auth0 has a nice tutorial on Spring Data REST and developing RESTful APIs with Ease
- The Codecentric blog has a nice post on how to package your frontend in a Spring Boot App with ParcelJS
- Profiles in Spring Boot
- Netifi’s CEO has a nice post on how developers benefit from reactive streams, as explained by their CTO(go to 42:55 mark)
- Oleh Dokuka has some good insight on the key differences between
Monofrom Project Reactor
- Check out this video showing how to deploy a Spring Boot application to Kubernetes using Helm + Draft + JFrog and Azure Pipelines
- Check out James Williams’ Pivotal blog, with input from folks from Snyk Security and Atomist, on a new software solution segment. They are "code