Hi Spring fans and welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week I’m in colorful Chicago, Illinois, and magnificent Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I am so excited to be in both places. I’m in Chicago for the GOTO Chicago event, which is always fun, and I’m in Milwaukee for a meetup and, of course, to partake of local delicacies like Kopps, a Cousins sub, and a Spotted Cow beer. Life is great!
Did you see this epic image of the Chicago Lakeshore area I took the other day? Spring is truly in full swing! (I’ll ignore the buckets of rain that have been dumped on Chicago and Milwaukee just a day after that photo was taken…)
Anyway we’ve got tons of stuff to get into so, let’s!
- Check out the latest edition of This Month in Spring. It captures all the stuff we’ve covered in This Week in Spring and highlights all the good stuff I’ve been trying to work on as well. Surely there’s something you’ve missed?
- Five years into their journey with Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Liberty Mutual is not standing still. I liked this episode of Pivotal Conversations with Liberty Mutual’s Jai Schniepp. Also, a great podcast and worth a listen!
- Spring Cloud Open Service Broker 3.0.0 Released
- Spring Cloud Open Service Broker 2.1.2 Released
- A Bootiful Podcast: Spring Batch and Spring Cloud Task lead Michael Minella
- Spring Boot for Apache Geode & Pivotal GemFire 1.0.0.RC1 Released!
- Spring Tips: Spring Cloud Circuit Breaker
- This Java Techie video looks kinda interesting - it introduces using Spring Cloud Consul for service discovery
- This Portguese-language video on monitoring Spring Boot applications with Actuator looks interesting
- InfoQ have a nice piece on upgrading Java applications from Java 8 to 11. Worth a viewing
- So, you want to use MQTT and Apache Kafka? This might be what you’re looking for.. . (You might also consider using Spring Integraton’s Kafka and MQTT adapters..)
- Have you taken the 2019 CloudFoundry User Survey?