Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another extra-meaty installment of This Week in Spring! This week, we’ve got a ton of stuff to look at so I won’t belabor it!
- Tomorrow, the 1st of April, marks the 6 year anniversary of Spring Boot 1.0 going GA! Happy birthday my old friend!
- Spring Data Neumann goes RC1
- Spring Boot for Apache Geode & Pivotal GemFire 1.2.6.RELEASE Available
@DynamicPropertySourcein Spring Framework 5.2.5 and Spring Boot 2.2.6
- In last week’s episode of A Bootiful Podcast, I talk to Apache Groovy, Testcontainers, and Reactor committer Sergei Egorov
- Spring Boot 2.2.6 available now
- Liveness and Readiness Probes with Spring Boot
- Spring Data Moore SR6 available now
- In last week’s installment of Spring Tips, I look at Spring Cloud Loadbalancer
- Microsoft’s Julien Dubois has published a nice how-to article that covers all corners of a new Gradle plugin to deploy Spring-powered Azure Functions
- Rohit Kelapure has a nice post on how to [plan ahead for a sustainable architecture](
- Do not miss the much-requested second installment to Ryan Baxter’s look at Spring on Kubernetes - register now!
- Inside the VMware Open Source Program Office
- I love this article introducing utility classes in the JDK
- Last week’s #TGIK8s with Tanzu’s Joe Beda is definitely worth a listen. It looks at Cloud Events and Argo
- How to use Spring Data R2DBC with Azure Database for MySQL
- Good news from Spring Data lead Mark Paluch on Twitter: SpringData R2DBC now supports query derivation thanks to an amazing contribution by Роман Чигвинцев
- This is a cool Spring Boot Tutorial on Building Microservices Deployed to Google Cloud
- Here is how Eric Satterwhite turned PostgreSQL into a real time data hub with RabbitMQ and about 80 lines of SQL
- I love this episode of TGIR (Thank Goodness It’s RabbitMQ!) on how to contribute to RabbitMQ
- The Spring Boot team snuck a new feature,
@DynamicPropertySource, into Spring Framework 5.2.5 (and therefore Spring Boot 2.2.6)
- We’ve added Mutation Testing integration to our @springcloud projects! Check this out…
- The new Kotlin 1.4-M1 release looks awesome
- This an interesting post by Igor Manushin on making routing in Spring even faster in English. Here, I am pretty sure, is the Russian version of the same article
Did you know that Spring Boot 2.2.6 and 2.3.x (milestones) have #AllTestsGreenOnJDK14 ? Go to the Spring Initializr and you’ll be able to try it all out right now!
- Also, did you see the spiffy new makeover for my second favorite place on the internet, after production, start.Spring.io?
- See Logging with Spring Boot at Elastic Community Events EMEA Virtual
- A very important update for all of our Spring Data MongoDB users: Annotation based index creation is now turned OFF by default and needs to be enabled eg. when relying on
- An Introduction to Spring Projects