Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! It’s already nearly November in this crazy rollercoaster ride that is 2020. Crazy.
We’ve got a ton of stuff to get to so let’s waste not a second more.
- Spring Framework 5.3 goes GA This is a huge release, and the most important thing we’ll look at today. Go read this post first. This release includes a ton of new features!
- A Bootiful Podcast: Optic CEO Aidan Cunniffe on OpenAPI, contract testing, and so much more
- I loved this case study that talks about how VMware (my employer) uses Kotlin Case Studies: VMware - Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile
- Case Study: Aggregator Function and Processor
- Check out my DevFest Romania presentation - Bootiful Kotlin
- The Maven Daemon is kind of like the Gradle deamon in that its a long-running process (but one compiled using GraalVM) that can greatly speed-up the use of Apache Maven. Anecdotally, I’m seeing folks talk about reducing their larger, multi-module builds to 1/3 of the time.
- Cloud Foundry’s Proven Developer Experience Comes to Kubernetes with cf-for-k8s 1.0 | Cloud Foundry
- Confessions: Choosing a Linux Distribution
- I’m so looking forward to the JLove conference and I hope you’ll join us
- JEP proposed to target JDK 16: 392: Packaging Tool
- JEP proposed to target JDK 16: 393: Foreign-Memory Access API (Third Incubator)
- I’ll be doing a webinar for JetBrains (makers of IntelliJ IDEA) - ‘Bootiful Kotlin’ - Wednesday, Nov 11th 2020, 9 - 10 am CST. Check out this blog post for session details and registration
- Join Gene Kim, Michael Nygard, Elisabeth Hendrickson, me, and 54 Other Software Leaders at QCon Plus
- Latest documentation releases for Azure Cosmos DB and the Spring Data Azure CosmosDB release
- Microsoft wants to know your use of Spring
- New candidate JEP: 396: Strongly Encapsulate JDK Internals by Default
- Paul Czarkowski demonstrates CF-4-K8s (CloudFoundry on Kubernetes). It’s the quintessential Tanzu demonstration. Watch as Paul uses Tanzu Mission Control to deploy a Tanzu Kubernetes distribution, Harbor (the container registry), and to then deploy CF-4-K8s (Cloud Foundry on Kubernetes) in.. 22 minutes!
- Some big changes coming to Spring Cloud Sleuth
- Spring Framework 5.2.10 and 5.1.19 available now
- Spring Tools 4.8.1 released
- Check out our new topical guide, Spring on Kubernetes, written by our own Ryan Baxter
- Mark Heckler was recently on the Path to Principal podcast discussing software development, Spring, and the upcoming release of his book Spring Boot: Up and Running. Listen here
- Check out this awesome sample app that uses
spring-cloud-buswith RSocket Routing as the transport