On behalf of the team and everyone that contributed, I am pleased to announce that the first milestone of Spring Boot 2.5 has been released and is available from our milestone repository. This release closes over 130 issues and pull requests.
Highlights of this first milestone include:
- Support for GET requests to the startup endpoint
- Security improvements to the info endpoint
- Preliminary support for Java 16
- Spring Integration 5.5.0 M1
- Spring Data 2021.0.0 M1
- Spring Security 5.5.0 M1
- Spring Session 2021.0.0 M1
- Spring HATEOAS 1.3.0 M1
- Numerous other dependency upgrades
If you want to get started with 2.5 and try out the new features, you can bootstrap a new project on start.spring.io.