Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! How’re you doing? I hope you’re doing well, and that the Fourth (of May) is with you.
Today may be the 4th, but yesterday was the third of May, and that marks the 20th anniversary of the
JdbcTemplate, which I think is super cool! Happy birthday,
JdbcTemplate was important to a lot of people because it’s one of those great little utilities that made it easy to justify pulling Spring into applications almost two decades ago. It also helped people learn a lot about some of the design patterns that Spring was trying to make commonplace.
As usual, we’ve got a ton of stuff to get to, so let’s begin!
- Don’t miss next week’s SpringOne Tour event! There’s a 90m presentation and then, on day two, a workshop. You’ll be able to hang out with all of us on both days and we’ll do our best to answer your questions.
- A Bootiful Podcast: Oracle’s Dilip Krishnan about Spring Fox, the Oracle Cloud Lift team, and more
- A cool tutorial on JHipster 7!
- Creating fully reactive applications with R2DBC and MariaDB
- I did a talk for the DevX conference, “Cloud Native Java,” in 20 minutes! Watch it here
- In which Mr. Spring, Juergen Hoeller himself, looks at the future of Spring Framework and Java modules
- Spring Cloud Gateway for Kubernetes
- Spring Security 5.5.0-RC2 released
- U.S. Army Futures Command Partners with VMware to Create Software Factory
- Webinar: Accelerate Spring Apps to Cloud at Scale