Hi, Spring fans! How’re you doin’? I’m doin’ alright! Last week I was in Antwerp, Belgium, for the amazing Devoxx BE show. I did a presentation with my friend and hero James Ward on Spring and Kotlin (that was voted third most-liked talk at a show with more than 250 speakers!) That was a personal career highlight for me - it’s not often you get to win and have fun in life. And, as if that wasn’t awesome enough, this week I am in Las Vegas, NV, for JavaOne! Fingers crossed, this week will go smoothly, too! Both Devoxx and JavaOne are the first such shows since at least before the pandemic. It’s been a very long time in coming and I’m elated, overjoyed, to be able to be here.
And, of course, I’m super excited about SpringOne 2022! Also, the first in-person show of its kind since before the pandemic! It’s going to be amazing. Have you registered? If not, you might consider using this registration code -
And this week’s busy roundup reflects the usual flurry of activity on the Spring team as we ready releases for our end-of-November timelines for Spring Framework 6 and Spring Boot 3, which means we’ve got a ton of stuff to get into this week, so let’s!
- Spring Framework 6.0 goes RC1
- Observability with Spring Boot 3
- A Bootiful Podcast: Google mad scientist Josh Suereth on Observability with OpenTelemetry, building better build tools, and so much more
- Spring Batch 5.0.0-M8 is out!
- Learn more about Spring Framework 6 and Spring Boot 3 in these two great talks from Devoxx 2022
- Spring at JavaOne 2022
- Spring Data 2022.0.0-RC1, 2021.2.5, and 2021.1.8 available
- Spring Security 6.0.0-RC1 and 5.8.0-RC1 are released
- Spring Security 5.7.4 and 5.6.8 available now
- Spring for GraphQL 1.1.0-RC1 released
- Spring Web Services 4.0.0-RC1 is out!