Hi, Spring fans! I hope everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving had a wonderful time. Did you indulge in too much turkey? Anyway, let's jump into this week's edition of This Week in Spring—a particularly special one for a couple of reasons. First, it's our first issue after the launch of Spring Boot 3.2 last Thursday. Second, it's my inaugural post as a member of the Broadcom family. Exciting times!
Spring Boot 3.2: A Game Changer
Spring Boot 3.2 is nothing short of revolutionary. I've delved into its myriad features in an in-depth video, which you can watch here. This release includes:
- reactive cache/scheduled abstraction
- virtual threads (project Loom)
- improved GraalVM native image support
- Spring for Apache Pulsar support
- the new Spring Framework 6.1
- reloadable SSL
- Java 21
- Docker for Neo4J, ActiveMQ, etc.
- dependencies updates (of course)