We are pleased to announce the 1.0.0.RC2 release candidate of Spring Cloud Data Flow for Mesos, a team effort that encompasses many new features under the hood.
This release candidate builds upon the recent 1.0 GA release of Spring Cloud Data Flow. Some highlights include:
- We now run the Spring Cloud Data Flow Server as a Docker image on Marathon, a container orchestration platform for Mesos.
- This release adds features to support stream partitioning and scaling
- Currently partitioning and scaling of sinks and processors are handled by using multiple application deployments, one for each app instance, identified by an index appended to the name.
- Scaling of sources is handled by using additional application instances.
* Streams are now deployed using Marathon [Application Groups](https://mesosphere.github.io/marathon/docs/application-groups.html) so it is easier to identify the different apps making up a stream.
* We have added support for launching tasks using Chronos, a fault tolerant job scheduler for Mesos.
As part of this effort we have developed a simple Java client for interacting with the Chronos API. This Java client is included in the latest 1.0.2.RELEASE version of the Spring Cloud Deployer for Mesos project…