Spring Social 1.0.0.RC3 Released
Dear Spring Community,
We are pleased to announce the 1.0.0.RC3 release of Spring Social, including the 1.0.0.RC3 releases of Spring Social Facebook and Spring Social Twitter. Spring Social lets you connect your Java applications to Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers such as Facebook and Twitter.
This release includes fixes for bugs reported since 1.0.0.RC2, as well as a few improvements:
- ConnectInterceptor implementations can now add parameters to the authorization URL.
- Twitter TimelineOperations.updateStatus() improvements:
- Photos can now be uploaded along with a status update.
- TimelineOperations.updateStatus() now returns a Tweet object for the newly posted tweet.
- A status can now be posted as being a reply to an existing status.
- The set of sample applications has been updated, including two new examples: One to demonstrate a popup-based connection flow and another to demonstrate using Spring Social within a Facebook Canvas application.
See the change logs for more information on what's new in this release (Core | Facebook | Twitter)
To get the software, download the release distribution (Core | Facebook | Twitter) or simply add the maven artifacts to your project. To see it live, run through the quickstart and spin up the showcase app (updated for 1.0.0.RC3). Supplement as you go with information from the reference manual.
Spring Social requires Spring Framework 3.0.5 or > to run. We recommend Spring 3.1 for new applications to take advantage of the latest advances in the core framework. See the reference manual for a full description of dependencies.
We expect this to be the last release candidate for Spring Social 1.0.0 and anticipate a Spring Social 1.0.0 GA release very soon. For that reason, we urge you to try out this release candidate and give us feedback in the forum or, if you have any suggestions or find any bugs, post them in the issue tracker.
We hope you enjoy using Spring Social!