Dear Spring Community,
We are pleased to announce the 1.0.0.RC3 release of Spring Social, including the 1.0.0.RC3 releases of Spring Social Facebook and Spring Social Twitter. Spring Social lets you connect your Java applications to Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers such as Facebook and Twitter.
This release includes fixes for bugs reported since 1.0.0.RC2, as well as a few improvements:
- ConnectInterceptor implementations can now add parameters to the authorization URL.
- Twitter TimelineOperations.updateStatus() improvements:
- Photos can now be uploaded along with a status update.
- TimelineOperations.updateStatus() now returns a Tweet object for the newly posted tweet.
- A status can now be posted as being a reply to an existing status.
- The set of sample applications has been updated, including two new examples: One to demonstrate a popup-based connection flow and another to demonstrate using Spring Social within a Facebook Canvas application.